Sunday, October 13, 2013

Blast from the Past

Welcome back!!

This blog post came up on accident. I was planning on blogging on something else, and I wanted to take some pictures, so I got my camera out. I got my camera about 4 years ago, and I still have pictures and videos on there from awhile ago. As I was looking through some of the pictures and videos, I stumbled across a few things that were kind of hilarious and embarrassing, which is what I decided to blog about today . . . They actually do play a role in the name of my blog though . . . you'll see. :)

Here's a little background . . . In 9th grade I had to take a speech class. One of the speeches that we had to give in this class was a demonstration speech. After much deliberation, I decided that I would give a demonstration on how to make these special cookies that I loved. Baking is one of my favorite things to do, so this was a perfect opportunity to show that off! For my speech I pretended like I was on a cooking show. It was a pretty fun time, so I guess I decided that it would be fun to make some videos of me doing another cooking show. Well you know what? I did! If you're up for a few laughs, and maybe a few cooking techniques watch the following videos!! While you're at it, see if you can pick up the connection between these videos and my blog title :)


Oh boy, survive that?? Well here are the funniest parts of Cooking With Suzy Sunshine - Coffee Brownies :) Just remember, this was a few years ago, and I obviously did not have the best cleanliness when baking, lol :-)


I hope you laughed as much as my family and I did when watching those wonderful shows! Seriously though, after I made these my siblings would watch them over and over again, laughing hysterically. Then, they would show other people and laugh anymore. I just think it's hilarious that I tried to be serious and good at putting on the show. Suzy Sunshine, has been used as a nickname for me a few times since then. When I was thinking about starting a blog my sister joked that I should name it Suzy Sunshine. Instead, I decided to call it Tidbits of Sunshine. Not only did I decide on that name because of my cooking show back in the day, but also because there are so many bits of sunshine in my life that I want to share with you!

Who knows, maybe I'll find some more old gems on this camera of mine . . . and maybe they'll show up on here! Until next time, happy baking!!



1 comment:

  1. Suz you are amazing! I watched this when I was in the dinning hall on campus and think I got some weird looks because I was laughing so hard :P miss you girl <3 Angela

    ReplyDelete