Thursday, April 9, 2015

// experiencing God //

I believe that God gives us several ways to know Him more. Prayer, reading the Bible, praise and worship, serving, and fellowshipping with other Christians are ways that we can draw closer to Christ. All of these things are incredibly important and should be part of our walk with God, but I also think that each of us has one or more ways that specifically help us focus on God's truth and love. Creating art may point someone to God's characteristics of creativity and love. Another person may really experience God through listening to the Bible. 


"If you come to worship for any reason other 
that the joy and pleasure and satisfaction that 
are to be found in God, you dishonor Him...
God's greatest delight is your delight in Him." 
{Sam Storms} 

One of the ways that I connect most with Jesus is through praise and worship. I love music and I feel such a connection and satisfaction in Christ when I'm singing and praising Him. I'm able to reflect on His sacrifice, experience His love, and surrender to Him while I sing songs of praise and worship. Throughout the week I keep myself grounded in God's truth and love by listening to Christian music. I love finding new songs with His amazing truths, and I also love the old, classic hymns. So, I put together a playlist of some essential worship songs. 

Here are some of my favorite artists . . .



The Silver Pages
These two brothers incorporate many unique instruments and sounds in their songs, 
and the outcome is wonderful (I may be a little biased cause they're my cousins)
They have two EPs out, and the most recent one was just released this last week! 


Rend Collective
I have fallen in love with Rend Collective these past few years. Their songs are filled
with so much joy and celebration! 




NEEDTOBREATHE
Some of their songs are more rock and indie, but a few of them are very worshipful and beautiful. 


Bethel Music
So. Good. 


All Sons & Daughters
This duo creates songs that are so authentic and honest. 



You can listen to my playlist on Spotify or YouTube. The first one unfortunately isn't on Spotify and it is totally my jam right now, so listen to it here.... 






Oh come, let us sing to the Lord;
let us make a joyful noise to the rock of our salvation. 
Let us come into his presence with thanksgiving; 
let us make a joyful noise to him with songs of praise. 
{Psalm 95:1-2}


Happy Listening friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment