Monday, December 9, 2013

{the cry of my heart}

Dear God,

You are holy and mighty.
I cannot comprehend Your infinite power.
Your grace is indescribable, none can fathom!
I am so lowly and unworthy of Your love, Lord.
I am humbled and in awe in Your Presence.

I want to know You more.
I want to be fueled by passion and love for You.
I want my gratitude to turn into giving.
I want to let go of myself and grab onto You.
I want to dig into Your Word because Your love for me compels me to,
       not because I have to check it off my list.
I want to do things because Your love compels me to,
       not to look good in others' eyes.
I want to live a grace-filled life,
       not a works-basked life.
I want to let love reign in all aspects of my life.
I want to be transparent and honest.
I want to use my time wisely because it's a precious gift from You.
I want to use my God-given talents as much as I can to give You glory.
I want to work hard at all I do.
I want to be patient and loving even towards those who aren't loving to me.

Fill me with Your Spirit.
None of this can be done without You.
I commit my life to You, Lord.
I am Yours. Do with me as you want!

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment